Home Forum Home Hotels Apartments Dental Vacations Advertise Contact Search FAQ
If you are not registered or logged in, you may still view these forums but with limited features.
You can register by clicking here. If you have any questions, please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
Upcoming Events

Upcoming FREE Dating Seminars

To Be Determined

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: drmeadowsny Subject: Cartagena as single white man
TimM

posted on 04-01-2007 at 21:53 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Cartagena as single white man

To whom it may concern:

Would you recommend traveling to Cartagena as single white man?

I understand there are many street hustlers. But is there a danger of violence.

Thank You,
Tim M
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By TimM (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
CartagenaTravelGuide

posted on 04-01-2007 at 22:06 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Cartagena is the safest city in Colombia.

Would you recommend traveling to Cartagena as single white man?

Cartagena has some of the most sincere women in the world. very beautiful. If you looking to meet nice girls then go
with Foreign Affair ( http://www.loveme.com/ ) they have a fantastic reputation for getting guys marriage in Cartagena.

Note if you are just looking to have fun, do not stay in a hotel. They do not let guest in unless you pay $50.
Hotel Carbi is the worst. All inclusive hotels will not let any guests in at all. If you stay in an apartment make sure to ask if guest can visit.
We recommend http://www.CartagenaApartments.net

I understand there are many street hustlers. But is there a danger of violence

Cartagena is the safest city in Colombia.
Compare crime around the world see: http://www.cartagenatravelguide.com/top_50_contries_for_total_crimes.shtml

There are many street hustlers, but most of them just try and hook you up with a scamming prostitutes.
They introduces what they call nice girls over and over to each guy the can, but they are really scamming prostitutes.
They also run a scam for translation and English lessons. They will get you to use them for translation then you are paying dinner drinks cab fare and more.
They offer you to teach English lessons to the girl you met, but the split the money with the women, and they have dozens of men paying for English lesson for he same girl
As long as you just tell them you don't need anything you will be fine.

Ken
View User's Profile E-Mail User User's Site View All Replies By CartagenaTravelGuide (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
ross

posted on 06-23-2007 at 15:39 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
cartagena

listen, Cartagena is like any other Caribean town, kind of funky,humid and run down. As a gringo you are a natura taget for hustlers, take it in good humour and dont be fazed , you will be fine.People are fdreindly and relaxed and the hustling is half-hearted at best, if you want full-on hassle try North africa !!
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By ross (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Toychest19

posted on 08-08-2012 at 14:21 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
but how do you avoid it

I understand that as a white guy you are going to stand out in a place like colombia and the husters are gooing to zero in on you. And you say to laugh it off and accept it or whaterver, but what happens when I get back to my hotel and my wallet and ID and money are gone? How do they hustle you?

Am I going to get pickpocketed, or is it like a scam / con type of thing?
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By Toychest19 (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
HectorP

posted on 08-11-2013 at 00:57 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
I was wondering

Do you have any practical tips on where to stay?
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By HectorP (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
placerhills72

posted on 07-15-2020 at 01:52 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Brother went to Cartagena a few years ago and loved it

My older brother divorced in 2011 and immediately took a trip to Cartagena using AFA. When he got back he looked tanned and happy. Some of the stories he told have made me want to visit Cartagena for the women and good time. I'll use AFA, like he did. But we've all got to wait until Covid-19 is gone. The airlines won't travel to most places.

He didn't mention too much about the history of Cartagena, but I'm more into historical sites than he is. Cartagena has a lot of history to it and I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of it. That's another reason I want to use a tour company; they know the city and the sites.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By placerhills72 (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
drmeadowsny

posted on 08-31-2020 at 13:00 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Word of advice about foreign travel

Some information about specific foreign locations may be out-of-date. Colombia, for example, has had a rollercoaster ride in terms of crime and justice over the past 30 years. The country still has some of the biggest drug cartel crime going on in Latin America. Though the major cities have become more secure from cartel influence, violence is still always a possibility.

Never travel alone in a foreign land.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By drmeadowsny (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites

Processed in 1.398 seconds, 14 queries

Cartagena Travel Guide reserves the right to block, delete, or edit any and all posts. The Moderator has sole discretion on the content of this site. Anyone who posts accepts these terms, and waives any and all rights to bring any legal action against Cartagena Travel Guide. If you disapprove of any of the above, do not use, read, or post in Cartagena Travel Guide